Play Store Configuration
This guide shows you how to setup the Google Play Store and get the credentials Glassfy needs to receive notifications about Play Store subscription status and events.
- Open the Google Play Console, click, Setup -> API access, and select Create a new Google Cloud project.
- Click the Create a new service account link in the Service accounts section.
- Click the Google Cloud Platform link to redirect you to the Cloud Platform Service accounts section.
- Click the + CREATE SERVICE ACCOUNT link.
- Add a Service account name and click the CREATE AND CONTINUE button.
- In step 2, grant the "Owner" role and click DONE.
- On the new account click the three dots under Actions and click Manage Keys.
- From the ADD KEY dropdown, select Create new key.
- Choose JSON, click Create, and allow the file to download.
- In the Cloud Platform search (top of the page), type "Google Play Android Developer API" and select it from the list.
- Make sure the API is enabled.
- Return to the API access section of the Google Play Console and in the Service accounts section click Manage Play Console Permissions to the relevant Service account.
- Grant the following Account permissions:
- View app information
- Download bulk reports
- View financial data, orders and cancellation survey responses
- Manage orders and subscriptions
- Manage store presence permissions
Click Invite User.
- Return back to the Google Cloud Platform, ensure the correct project is selected, and enable the Cloud Pub/Sub API by following this link.
- Go to the Glassfy Setting page and fill in the application Package Name and add the JSON file you downloaded in step 9.
- Click the Generate Google Topic ID button.
- Copy the Google Topic ID
- Open the Google Play Developer Console and go to All apps -> your_app -> Monetization setup and paste the topic copied above.
Note that it can take up to 36 hours for the steps above to take effect.
Updated 4 months ago